Our handbook is under review and will be replaced soon.
Arbor's Parent Portal
We are now using Arbor's parent portal for checking your contact details, booking parents meetings, renewing your consents and giving consent for trips.
Note: You will need to use your email address to login.
If you are having any problems please contact reception or use the help documents below.
- Booking parent meetings on Arbor
- Booking your child into a club/afternoon care
- Giving permission for a school trip on Arbor
- Using Parent Portal
Absences and Attendance
If your child is unable to attend school due to illness or other circumstances, please inform the school before 9.00am on the day and every day thereafter. Please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01392 757371 and leave a message on the school answer phone, selecting the absence option from the menu.
If your child has had sickness or diarrhoea, then they need to be absent from school for 48 hours after the last incident. Please still contact the school each day that your child is absent.
Absences due to appointments
We expect that all routine doctor and dentist appointments are arranged outside of school hours. If this is not possible and your child has to attend an appointment in school time, you will need to give the school at least 24 hours' notice. This needs to be done by filling out and signing an L5 form, which are available at reception or you can download (.pdf) here.
For emergency appointments you must inform the school and arrange to fill out and sign an L5 form as soon as possible.
The law requires that parents ensure all children of compulsory school age attend school during term-time. We regard any unnecessary absence as educationally detrimental.
In exceptional circumstances, a request for pupil absence may be made to the Principal. Requests for absence from school should be made at least 2 weeks before the requested absence begins and should be made on an S2 form that is available from reception or download (.pdf) here.
Taking photos at a school event
If you attend a school event you will be advised at the beginning if it is appropriate for you to take photos.
If you are taking photos please remember;
“You are welcome to take photos and videos of your children or other family members, but please be sensible with the images of other people’s children who may appear in the background. Please do not publish these on social media without the parent's or the *student’s permission, thank you”.
NB. *the ‘student’s permission’ applies to those aged 13+ who are mature enough to provide consent for themselves.
Parking is not plentiful around school. We ask that all children from class 4 up are dropped off in the designated areas and walk themselves onto the school site. This enables parents with smaller children to park safely.
- SAE requests that only parents with Kindergarten children use the lay-by on Cowley Bridge Road at drop off and pick up times
- SAE requests that parents with children in class 1 and above park/drop off in West Garth Road only
- SAE encourages children in Class 4 and above to be dropped off and walk themselves into school. A member of staff will be positioned at the roadside at the school entrances on West Garth Road at drop off and pick up, and at the Cowley Bridge Road entrance at drop off. This member of staff will ensure that children get into school safely
- SAE will be teaching all children in Class 3 and above how to cross roads safely as part of the curriculum
- Slips of paper are available at reception that indicate you are dropping your child at school and will return as soon as possible